Electric fireplaces are a good alternative for a quick and easy job. It’s like adding a piece of furniture! They are visually appealing, although they don’t put out as much heat as other choices.
The following are some of the advantages and benefits of electric fireplaces:
1) Electric heating does not require a flue or pipe-work, so there are no restrictions on building layout or design.
2) Electric heating can be installed virtually anywhere in the room.
3) Safety is always an important consideration when choosing heating. Because electric heaters do not burn fuel to generate heat, there is no risk of carbon monoxide poisoning or explosions.
4) With virtually no moving parts to break down or wear out, electric heating is extremely reliable and will normally run for much longer than gas.
5) Electric heating preserves natural resources by reducing consumption of wood and fossil fuels.
6) There is no opportunity for gas leaks caused by mechanical failure, improper installation, or natural disaster.
7) Electric heating is very easy to install and can frequently be up and running in a matter of minutes. It also lasts an average of 50% longer than a gas system.
8) There is no maintenance or annual inspection required. Maintaining other types of heating systems can add significantly to the overall cost of running the system.
9) Unlike wood or gas fireplaces that have exterior surfaces that can get extremely hot, electric fireplaces remain cool to the touch reducing any burn hazards.
These are just some of the most obvious rewards one receives with electric heating systems and fireplaces. It certainly makes sense to consider electric heat when choosing your next fireplace. Visit Fireplace & Bar-B-Q Center at 10470 Metcalf in Overland Park for more information and ideas!