There’s only one thing better than a roaring fire on a wintry night: a roaring fire that needs no tending, requires minimal cleanup, and doesn’t leave the rest of the house freezing cold. That’s what you get with today’s gas fireplaces.
Following are some major advantages of gas fireplaces:
- You don’t have to split, stack, season, or haul logs.
- There are no ashes to bag, no smoky smells, no chimney to clean.
- You can start, adjust, and snuff out fires with the touch of a remote control.
- The fire needs no tending and won’t die out from neglect.
- A wall thermostat can control the flame size—and therefore heat output—to maintain a specific temperature setting in the room.
- The fixed glass panels covering direct-vent fireboxes ensure that the furnace- or boiler-heated air in the rest of the house doesn’t escape up the flue, as it does with a wood fire.
- You can get as much as 75 to 99 percent of a fuel’s energy back as heat, instead of the 10 to 30 percent for wood fires.
- Gas fireplaces can go almost anywhere—in an upstairs bathroom, in a basement, or outdoors—without needing a chimney.
Give some thought to gas fireplaces if you are looking to upgrade or change what you have now. Wood-burning fireplaces provide great ambience, but they can’t beat the easy, no-fuss efficiency of gas and the ease of a fire that lights with the push of a button.
So, stop by and see us at Fireplace & Bar-B-Q Center! We have lots of gas fireplace options to show you. You’ll be impressed with our selection!